- Start ground-fault location by activating the ground-fault test device ISOMETER®.
- The ground-fault test device briefly connects the live conductors to ground.
- Electronic current limiting, this connection and the ground fault create a closed circuit, in which a test current is determined by the system voltage flows. The test current is limited to a maximum value.
- The test current pulse flows from the ground-fault test device via the live conductors, the ground fault Rf and the ground wire (PE conductor) and back to the ground-fault test device.
- The test current signal is detected by all measuring current transformers on the circuit and evaluated by EDS ground-fault evaluators.
- The fault location can be identified using the assignment between measuring current transformers and circuit.